Stonewall, MB & nearby areas
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to supervise our landscaping projects in the South Interlake region this season. The position is hands-on and on-site. Key responsibilities include overseeing a landscaping crew to ensure projects are executed and completed consistent with project requirements, the utmost in professionalism, courtesy, and an unwavering emphasis on customer service.
Our ideal candidate has several years of experience in leading people and landscaping projects. They are familiar with the tools of the trade, processes, and materials, knowing how to motivate their team to complete the work on schedule. Workplace safety is their always-on priority. Most importantly, they act with integrity, intelligence, and respect for colleagues and customers.
If this sounds like you and you don’t mind getting your hands (and boots) a little dirty, please introduce yourself and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spruce Acres Landscaping is focused on rural residential and cottage properties primarily located in Manitoba’s Southern Interlake. We are committed to helping our customers enjoy the rural lifestyle and get the most value from their property. We believe that through commitment to quality, integrity, and customer service we will stand apart. Our people and our culture are the most important part of our company, so we take care to bring on team members who share our values.
As the Team Lead Landscaper, you will:
- Follow company policies and procedures including our Safety Policy
- Represent Spruce Acres with integrity, intelligence, and energy
- Lead onsite project teams and contribute to their success
- Participate in customer site visits, design, estimating and scheduling
- Oversee the day-to-day work of employees, conduct daily safety meetings
- Distribute and manage workload among employees
- Order materials, pick up tools and supplies from suppliers
- Manage project budgets including labour, material, rentals, etc.
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Build landscaping projects with materials, tools and equipment provided
- Lift and move heavy items
- Work in a range of outdoor weather conditions
- Take training from time to time as needed
- Operate power tools and heavy equipment
- Interact with customers, manage customer expectations
- Address customer or employee concerns
- Record and submit timesheets and expenses bi-monthly
- Photograph projects at various stages
You and your experience:
- Self motivated with the ability to motivate and support others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy dealing with customers
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Project leadership experience
- 3-4 years of experience in landscaping or general construction
- Familiarity with hardscaping, softscaping, landscaping practices
- Good mechanical understanding and aptitude
- Ability to operate a skid steer and other heavy equipment
- A Class 5 drivers license, and ideally a Class 3 license
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel software
- Good aptitude for budgeting and tracking labour and costs
- A vehicle to travel daily to job sites
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven team player
- Self-motivated and responsible